KiWi Power, a leading smart grid energy company requires a proactive, results-orientated and dedicated Strategic Account Manager to support the future growth of the business in the UK.
The Strategic Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with strategically important large customers. Assigned a small number of named customers, he/she is responsible for achieving sales targets and agreed strategic account objectives. The Strategic Account Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company.
Candidates will have a good understanding of sales and marketing processes and drivers in a B2B environment. Reporting to the UK Managing Director, the role will suit an experienced individual with a background in sales/business development/account management who is capable of building a pipeline as well as creating & executing upon strategic account plans.
The candidate would also need to have experience managing multiple stakeholders and gaining sign off from various C-Level executives up to Board level.
While not essential, the ideal candidate will also be familiar with UK energy markets and should also be able to demonstrate proficiency and know-how regarding an enterprise-type sales process and cycle as well as an awareness of technology.
If you are passionate and enthusiastic about clean technology and enjoy working in a dynamic fast-paced environment, apply to join our team today.
▪ Job type: Permanent, full time role
▪ Industry: Smart grid, demand response, energy, environmental services
▪ Location: London based, with a degree of UK travel to support customer requirements
▪ Salary: Attractive package, with commensurate remuneration and sales commission for the right candidate
▪ Years of relevant experience: 7/10 years
▪ Languages: Fluency in English
▪ Education level: Bachelor’s Degree
▪ Background in or experience of sales & key account management required
Desired skills and Experience:
▪ A strong strategic account management/sales/business development background
▪ Strategic thinker, with operational delivery capability
▪ Ability to apply business development techniques to develop and shape long-term opportunities to point of sale
▪ Excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to confidently present sophisticated/technical concepts to a wide variety of stakeholders including tenants, engineers, facility managers and CFOs
▪ Respected and trusted in the industry with knowledge of industry best practices
▪ First rate customer management skills, coupled with strong listening and communications skills
▪ Professional individual – articulate, honest, innovative, client-service orientated and dedicated to improving the energy markets for clients
▪ Highly motivated individual and enthusiastic about green energy and technology
▪ Team player, able to work both individually and on team projects
▪ Commercially aware
▪ Emotionally intelligent
▪ Well-honed inter-personal skills
▪ Existing relationships/contacts with UK based industrial and commercial consumers is desirable, but not essential
▪ Trained in at least one sales methodology (preferably SPIN, TAS, Miller- Heiman or equivalent)
▪ Meeting assigned revenue & margin targets for and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
▪ Proactively leading joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for short, medium & long term
▪ Establishing productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
▪ Coordinating the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations
▪ Proactively assessing, clarifying, and validating customer needs on an ongoing basis
▪ Leading solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel
▪ Achieving strategic customer objectives defined by company management
▪ Completing strategic customer account plans that meet company standards
▪ Enlists the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed
▪ Closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer management & problem resolution.
▪ Networking with clients, attending industry events and building strategic relationships to enhance brand capital and opportunities for new business
▪ Identifying opportunities to create additional cross-offerings and synergies based on client / industry demand
▪ Providing market forecasting to support the company’s successful growth strategy in the UK
▪ Promoting KiWi Power's brand equities in the UK energy market to drive customer awareness and grow market share relative to KiWi's UK competitors
Please send CV & Cover Letter to: