Author: KiWi Power
Contract type: Full-time permanent
Location: City of London
Education: Degree in relevant subject (essential)
Experience: 5+ years’ experience within a similar role
Languages: Fluent in English (working knowledge of foreign languages is advantageous but not essential e.g. German and French)
Industries: Energy, Energy Storage, Smart Grid, Demand Response, Clean Tech and Renewables & Environment
This is a full-time and permanent role, reporting to the Development Manager and will be a key part of KiWi Power’s high growth and fast paced environment, working with the Technology Team.
The Senior Electronic Engineer’s main focus will be to develop new products based around KiWi’s innovative Fruit Product (which provides data capture and control of distributed energy resources). This role includes the coordination and cooperation with colleagues across the wider-team as well as immediate Technology Team in order to successfully support future growth of KiWi’s business across the UK and internationally.
The successful candidate will be a resourceful and professional individual who has experience of working in electronics design and an appetite to learn new technologies.
This role is ideal for candidates who are interested in working for a dynamic and technology-led SME who is a market leader in delivering Demand Side Response programmes and Energy Storage projects.
Main Responsibilities (incl. but not limited to) for a Senior Electronic Engineer:
- Design of new embedded products, including:
- System design (analogue and digital)
- Schematic capture
- PCB layout
- BOM generation/optimization
- Selection of, and liaison with, manufacturing partners
- Visual and functional proto-typing of potential products
- Certification of designs to meet regulatory requirements (e.g. UL, CE etc.)
- Design and assembly of demonstration hardware
- Liaison with the Delivery (site engineering) teams
- Creation and testing of factory test firmware in the Squirrel language
- Support fielded products, and perform analysis of field-reported issues
- Be able to lead and mentor junior engineers and technologists
Internal training will be provided which will include how to use KiWi’s platforms as well as thorough training and inductions on all DSR programmes, the Technology behind them and internal processes.
Desired skills, experience and aptitude:
- Degree in relevant subject
- Knowledge of embedded system development
- Familiarity with (or willingness to learn) the Electric Imp IoT platform
- Self-motivated and proactive, able to work with minimal supervision
- Commercially aware
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) along with good sound interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Modbus and similar industrial protocols
- Experience with mobile data networks (GSM/LTE)
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
How to Apply
Please send your CV to: Chris Agmen-Smith via email (email@example.com) with Senior Electronic Engineer as the subject.