Author: KiWi Power
Support Desk Analyst
Contract type: Part-time zero-hours (students welcome to apply)
Location: City of London
Compensation: £10.20 per hour (London Living Wage)
Languages: Fluent in English (working knowledge of foreign languages is advantageous but not essential e.g. German and French)
Industries: Energy, Energy Storage, Smart Grid, Demand Response, Clean Tech and Renewables & Environment
This is a part-time role, reporting to the Head of Operations and will be a key part of KiWi Power’s high growth and fast paced environment – a Support Desk Analyst is partly responsible for the management of KiWi’s client portfolio through its proprietary platform and assists with optimisation of the Demand Side Response programmes KiWi offers. This role is an exciting opportunity for a keen-minded individual to be responsible for dispatching KiWi’s client portfolio at National Grid’s request in a timely and efficient manner.
This role is ideal for candidates who have been interested in the renewable energy market and would like to gain industry leading experience in a dynamic company.
Main Responsibilities (incl. but not limited to) for a Support Desk Analyst:
- Responding to National Grid calls
- System monitoring and troubleshooting
- Client support via phone and email
- Client performance monitoring, analysis and reporting
- Support ad-hoc data entry
- Analysis reporting to support the full-time members of the Operations Team
- Proactively suggest process improvements where identified
Internal training will be provided which will include training regarding the individual programmes that KiWi offers as well as on KiWi’s bespoke proprietary platform.
Desired skills, experience and aptitude:
- Exceptional communication skills including telephone manner
- Computer literate with strong Excel skills and ability to be comfortable with a range of applications
- Strong attention to detail
- Punctuality and reliability are essential for this position (due to shift work)
- Proactive and efficient problem solving
- Dedication and willingness to provide administrative assistance where needed across the whole Team
- Experience in business analysis; data analysis; or software mockups is advantageous
The right candidate must be available for approximately 20 hours per week, typical shift hours are (the longest shift is detailed below, shifts may be shorter throughout the year):
- 06:00hrs – 14:00hr or 14:00hrs – 22:00hrs
The majority of shifts will be during the weekend and bank holidays, hours as above.
As this position requires flexibility in relation to hours it is ideal for candidates that are willing to work early and/or late hours in the week and at the weekends and bank holidays.
KiWi always tries to accommodate shift preferences and plans shifts in advance but some degree of flexibility and cooperation is required from both parties.
KiWiPower (est. 2009) is a fast-growing company dedicated to clean energy use, energy management opportunities and ancillary energy services, deploying intelligent energy solutions (including energy storage) in the UK and internationally. Specifically, KiWi’s team has worked on developing technology, policies and processes for launching Smart Grid initiatives. KiWi’s core competence is Demand Response, an integral part of enabling end users to participate in the Smart Grid and support integration of renewable energy sources into the electricity grid. Demand Response is a unique and powerful application on the smart grid which can support capacity margins, balancing requirements and security of supply while spanning the areas of technology, system operator requirements and end user facilities. Demand Response creates a greener, more cost-effective grid, reduces the need for inefficient backup power stations and provides balancing requirements and security of supply to System Operators and commercial sites.
We have more than one position available – to apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with Support Desk Analyst in the subject line.