Maximise the value of distributed energy resources
Kiwi Core ensures distributed energy resources achieve their highest potential, simply and powerfully.
Reduce complexity and de-risk your business
Kiwi Core simplifies power market participation and gives you control and confidence through our licensed software model.
Participate in the new distributed energy world
With more renewables and changing regulations, value is migrating away from the supply of power towards the supply of flexibility. Kiwi Core future proofs your business and sets you up for success.
Ten years of experience monetising distributed energy resources
The world’s number one energy technology for VPP execution
The world’s leading virtual power plant platform for execution, Kiwi Core enables organisations across the energy sector to leverage their distributed energy resources in optimal ways. Our distributed energy platform enables our customers to participate in multiple markets.
Seamless, effective energy technology
Kiwi Core is an easy to use yet powerful energy technology solution, bringing all of your markets’ and assets’ data to one central location, simplifying your operations and maximising your revenue.
Automate and optimise your flexible asset management
- A universal solution that securely connects with any open API.
- Automatic, on-demand, multi-market dispatch.
- Empowers customers to make autonomous optimisation decisions.
Improve profitability and customer focus
- Built with customer insight, the platform is intuitive and easy to use.
- Simple registration, administration and technical processes make accessing global markets less complex.
- Offer new revenue opportunities and value-adds for customers such as enhanced asset visibility, availability and forecast-driven operations.
Reduce business costs and risks
- Benefit from a simple commercial model based around a single license fee.
- Reduce barriers to entry to participating in wholesale markets.
- Future-proof your business against changing regulations.
Stay ahead of the curve
Explore industry trends and thought leadership curated by the Kiwi Power team to help you capitalise on new developments in the energy sector. Sign up for customised content delivered to your inbox.
Fill in your contact details to start your content adventure.
A proprietary, low-cost, modular hardware – Kiwi Fruit – sends energy data to the Kiwi Core platform and provides a wide range of metering and control functions.
- Kiwi Fruit is built with a proprietary design that reduces total cost of ownership, enhances security and delivers superior functionality and response times.
- Our flexible and customisable solution deploys only the functionality you need.
- The hardware has pre-configured modules to fit your existing site infrastructure for a fast and easy installation.
- Downloadable data makes it easy to access meter data at the Kiwi Fruit and site levels for reporting and analysis.
- Built-in primary frequency response capabilities ensure that energy assets have the capability to react immediately to changes in system frequency.
Kiwi Power's energy technology in action
In over a dozen countries and across three continents, Kiwi Power helps energy industry players access markets worldwide.
Together with Western Power Distribution, Kiwi Power implemented a grid management program – Flexible Power – which utilises distributed energy resources to alleviate local grid congestion and constraints and better manage maintenance outages.
After winning flexibility contracts with RTE, France’s electricity transmission system operator, ENGIE licensed the Kiwi Core platform to ensure a simple and low-cost rollout of its new flexibility progamme, Nextflex.
South Somerset District Council’s battery storage site, the largest local authority owned battery storage site in the UK, leverages 23 Kiwi Fruit hardware devices and Kiwi Core software to connect all batteries to the energy markets and optimise storage revenues.